All around the world, God doesn't change. His people change, His ways change, but He is the same God here.
Mandi I've only checked the blog once this trip, and when I did you had just written about 1 John 4:12. I read it a lot and the verses before and after it. The Lord has shown me so much about active love since being here.
So many times I rely on words to get me by in situations; trying to say the right things, trying to prove myself on something, trying to reaffirm my position. I have had to basically shut up and listen since being here, because most of the kids don't know enough english to really talk deeply. Instead, they are constantly watching and observing the way I represent Christ. "If we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."
I am such a failure and have so many faults, and they have been made very evident while I've been here. So many insecurities and times where I doubt God. It is much easier to have a pity party for myself than to really try to pursue obedience to God.
I can't wait to see you all and share about what has really been going on recently. I am really trying to soak up everything about this place for the next 2 1/2 weeks. Be praying that I press on and don't get lazy. There are amazing people here from around the world, and i am learning so much. I love you guys. Write soon.
Root
No comments:
Post a Comment