well hello. it's time for an update. i hope that everyone is still reading this at some point. we all have our own separate blogs now... dang our increasingly isolated society. :)
I've been reading through the chronological Bible lately and love reading it in that way (although I'm currently stuck in the Laws of Moses...) When I read about the Israelites, I get so frustrated and think, why don't they just believe. I mean, he freakin parted a huge sea in half to lead them straight ahead, and they stopped believing easily after that.
This year has been a lot like a desert year for me. It's not what I pictured. It's not last year. It's not college. But God and His love are always good. Always, and I have to believe it. And he has always been faithful. Why would I stop trusting and yearning and seeking now? How much more of an Israelite could i be?
"You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of your cup, that the outside may also be clean."
My heart is crying out for Jesus to continue to bring these doubts and insecurities and weaknesses and imperfections before Him and to allow myself to FLEE from things that don't stir my heart for Him. It's hard when I feel like I don't see a way out.
Jesus will you guide us? Will you make Yourself fully known in each of our hearts, so that we can fully live for today and not constantly worry about making the right decisions and doing the right "things" and "living" in the right place. Consume our hearts with complete joy in who you are right now, right where we are, so that you naturally take us and lead us each tiny step.
We trust you Father. You are always good.
Root
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment