Monday, April 28, 2008

i... am... graduating?


First of all, I love this idea. I may not be the best blogger, but this is such a good way to celebrate with you friends when we are not always near, which is sadly approaching quickly.

These last few weeks have built up rather quickly, and all of a sudden I am graduating in less than 2 weeks. How cool though to look back and see how the Lord has been SO faithful to me up to this point, just like Brian said in church yesterday.

Thinking about my parents and family and the way they loved and encouraged me in my childhood is crazy. I think about kids who live in messed up, broken families and am so confused as to why the Lord chose that safe and cherished home for me. He was faithful to love and protect me, even when I have pushed away from that and not appreciated his gifts at all. What a gift, that we all grew up with loving and supportive homes!! That really is rare today.

I think about my time here, and the crazy 4 years it has been. I've been looking back through my college journals, and it is so cool to see the little and big prayers the Lord has answered. For direction and guidance at times, for friendships, for faith in the midst of doubt, for companionship in loneliness, and recently for truth in what it means to follow Christ. The Lord is there, and He has heard all our cries.

I love you guys so much, and can't describe how much each of you has taught me. This year has been life-changing, and the Lord has brought so many things to light that He wants to grow in me. Thank you for being the body to me this year, and for showing me how to strive for holiness in a crooked world. I plan on celebrating often with you. :)

Rootag

No comments: