Sunday, June 22, 2008

oh the psalms

I have been dwelling in the Psalms recently. Not because I want to really, but rather because it is the Truth that sustains me and speaks directly to me.

Specifically, Psalm 32, where it says, "How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered! How blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit!"

The more I live the more my sin becomes so blatant and even obnoxious to me. I just want to be clean, be pure from all this junk that so often entangles me and then causes me to doubt. It is right there that I was this past week. One of those funks that your emotions get in, and where you don't even want to get out... it's like you have nothing but frustration in yourself. You start to blame yourself for all this junk which then causes me to start trying to fix myself. When will I learn that I cannot fix myself!?

"I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord"; and You forgave the guilt of my sin."

Confession leads to freedom... freedom from my sin and freedom into the life that Jesus not only offers me daily but has already given to me. Why do I doubt? If the same Jesus that makes the trees sway and makes the light shine in on my life is able to grant me all the things I need for life and godliness, why do I doubt?

Life... it's a crazy ride man. When it gets hard what I remember is the beautiful friendships I have with yall and all the small things that make the hardship worth it.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

who is this?

Kimbo? or Smash..