Thursday, September 11, 2008

Well,
better late than never. I have thought more times than I can count about writing on here, writing to yall. As of late, I will admit it has been my pride that kept me from doing it. This summer, through lots of time to myself, lots of time to pray and think, a lot was stripped away from me. Walls that protected my heart from good things got a little thinner. Oh heck. I want to be pretty with my words right now, but it'll take too long. I just want to say hi to you...Root, Kimbo, Mandi. I miss yall. I love yall...a lot. I don't know how to say it...well, maybe I'll start with I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I haven't loved you guys well. I'm sorry I didn't spend time with yall like I wish now that I had. I'm sorry I didn't see you. Please forgive me. You are all so beautiful. Especially over this summer, I saw that more and more. Different things would make me think of you at different times. And my heart would just ache to be in the same room as you. Each one of you is so special and unique, and I see so much grace and love in you. I have wanted to say these things to yall for awhile, but then when I finally got the nerve, I got insecure that I was too late to be a part of your lives and of the memories from the bonzai. I'm sorry. But you should know, you are dearly loved.

I want to tell yall so much. So much has happened. Maybe I'll save lots for another post. Yep. I think I will. Hey Kimbo, I just read your email, and it made me think a lot of my summer and the people I worked with. Take heart. Jesus knows. Jesus cares. The song I've been playing and singing a lot lately is He's Got the Whole World in His Hands...so take heart.

Until next time.
Smash

No comments: