On Wednesday, after my last day of class in Mexico, I started journaling what was going through my mind and my heart. The Lord reminded me of Lamentations 3:21-28... a passage that was instrumental in revolutionizing my view of the Lord in early high school. And now, 7 years later the Lord is still the same. He is still renewing His faithfulness and mercy and grace and love and peace EVERY SINGLE DAY.
I think what makes this passage so empowering for me is the lack of knowledge I have about tomorrow's activities. I don't know what tomorrow holds, ever... That is so hard for me. I learned so much about how controlling I seek to be. The Lord is really knocking that whole deal apart. I am learning to pray all the freaking time because that is the only thing, the only thing, I have to depend upon. There are days that I want to give up... for sure. There are days that I am just grasping for anything to hold on to... and that is when I realize and cling to Jesus.
I am learning to be silent. To be still (Smash... remember how we've talked about that). I have been so encouraged recently by recalling how blessed I am by yall. Really, I know there are days you either look back or look at now and think that you aren't in contact enough or that you aren't encouraging enough or whatever lie Satan wants you to believe.
I want to tell you, Kristen/Mandi/Ashley, that you are important to me. You have challenged me and encouraged me more than you will ever know. It is sad that pulling me away from everything and everyone is what it takes to be truthful and honest with people more than usual, for fear of being awkward or too sentimental.
God is so real. His word is Truth. His word is Life.
"Do not let your heart be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in Me." -Jesus
Believing. Trusting. Loving. Humbled. Freaking Grateful. Learning.
-that's me today in San Salvador airport awaiting arrival in Lima, Peru. kimbo.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hi friend. love you. i can't wait to hear about peru.
Post a Comment