Hi friends.
I'm sitting at Panera, sipping on coffee, wishing you guys were here. It's so weird that a week ago I was in our cozy home in the bonzai, and now I'm in the middle of one of the biggest transitions of my life. (not to be dramatic...)
I realized this week how different College Station and DFW are. I really miss the community, the laid-back-ness (if that's a word)..., the college feel that life is alright that exists in College Station. It's crazy how quickly the devil can make me feel inadequate and fearful of the unknowns.
This week I've already found an apartment and hung out with the future roomies which I am really excited about. I've also already gone in to the office to get re-acquainted, and the people are of course so friendly and excited, which is reassuring. God is good. We don't deserve any of his goodness but he enjoys loving us.
God is calling me to be obedient in my everyday life, in the little things, to daily surrender that He is in control and I am not. Even when I'm simply living with family and going to work, the Lord longs to be glorified in the little things in my life. I'm excited to learn that. I think that will be the biggest transition. For me in college, a lot of times I focused so much on what I was "doing" and the next big adventure, or summer, or semester,... God calls us to live in today and BE there. I definitely needed a reality check there. I try to control too much.
I love you all. Miss you. Hope this made some sort of sense.
Let me know prayer requests. Smash do you have a job yet??
Root
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment