"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
'In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength." Isaiah 30:15
I came across this verse last Saturday. Kimbo and I went out to Lake Bryan in the morning to be still before the Lord. This verse popped out immediately, because it's what the Lord has been screaming to me lately.
In quietness and trust is when I am strongest. Not when I am busiest and most "productive" in the world's eyes; not when I am "in control" or at least feel in control; not when I am going through the motions. Our strength is found in trusting Christ, and being still before Him and His mighty glory.
I've been given overwhelming peace over this last week, and have been so grateful to realize the Lord's providing more than my heart has desired. The future holds so many unknowns, but gosh the Lord has blessed us all so much already. Exciting to think about.
"The one who calls you is faithful and HE WILL do it."
Root
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment